Friday 2 September 2011

Friday Five - More Sccrapbook layouts

This week I've got some new layouts to show you.  Last weekend I went to my local scrapbooking shop and cropped for a couple (OK four!) hours and did two layouts for our wedding album, which give me a total of three so far.  Its been nearly three years since we got married but I've never been sure how I wanted to scrap the pictures but thanks to Becky I got the idea of using the same paper (Bazzil Bling in my case) and using what ever tickled my fancy for the rest of the page.  Anyway, here are five recent layouts:

1.  My baby shower.  
I used Basic Grey Wisteria papers, the flower is Prima, the brads are Basic Grey and rub-ons from Dear Lizzy.  The layout came from a Kelly Purkey sketch class that I signed up to earlier in the year.
 2.  Eilidh's birth story.
Another layout from KP's sketch class, this time using papers from Girls Paperie and Thickers from Dear Lizzy.  I scraplifted the idea for the bunting and the ribbon is the handle of a shopping bag that I cut off and ironed flat.
 3.  Wedding layout 1.
 I did this on Sunday at the shop, the lovely Pat convinced me to use papers I wouldn't normally, i.e. Basic Grey so I stepped outside my comfort zone for Echo Park.  The tag and the bling swirl have been in my stash forever so it was good to use them up.  The title is 'Surfer Dude?' because as some of you may know, Andrew isn't the biggest fan of water!
 4.  Wedding layout 2.
 The second layout from my cropping this time using Making Memories papers.  I love these butterflies using a punch from the shop.  I punch one in purple card stock and the other in the patterned paper.  I then creased them in the middle and glued them together making sure they weren't flat (does that make sense?)  Confession time, under that W (which is for Woody, the type of car we borrowed) there is a huge mistake!! I tried to put three brads around the corner but I put them in crooked so out they came and I had to make something to cover three holes!
 
5.  Wedding layout 3.
 This is a Julie Bonner sketch that we were given as a Scrap Club challenge, and I really went to town with 78 brads!  The papers are Basic Grey June Bug.
 Happy Friday everyone!

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...