Monday 21 February 2011

A sick chicken

On Saturday night Chicken slept quite badly, I think I managed 6 hours sleep if thats any indication.  She usually gets a little more than that, as I want to make sure that she is fully asleep before I nod off after feeding her.  Anyway, she woke up on Sunday with a serious case of the snots and sounded like a Snuffleupagus.  But, besides the snuffles she was fine, no temperature, just tired, a common cold.  I guess thats what happens when you live in the UK, you get a cold at 7 weeks old. 

She slept most of Sunday, not even making a peep when we went out to lunch with L&P in her dungarees (BTW, I'm loving the shoes!)  Before bed we turned the shower on full heat and shut the door to the bathroom, and five minutes later we had a sauna to help decongest her nose (apparently children don't learn to blow their own nose til they are around four!).  We also Vicksed her chest and like my Nana used to with me when I was sick, also her feet.  Because we didn't get much sleep the night before, it was to bed early, and I think we were up only three times, which is pretty good for her. 

The Snuffleupagus impersonations continued this morning and a worried mum called the Doctors surgery for an apppointment.  We saw a nurse practioner, she was lovely, and reassured me that I'd done the right thing by coming in.  She checked her chest and all was clear, and said to continue with the 'saunas' and the Vicks, and to come back again if she gets worse. 

We spent the day cuddled up on the sofa, and had a nice nap (both of us!) and just chillaxed.  However, we had an hour this afternoon where she was very perky and enjoyed a play in her bouncer.  To top it off, we got our first real smile!  It was brilliant, I'm not sure that I would be in such a good mood if I had a tonne of snot up my nose!

There you have it, seven weeks old and smiling, what a beautiful girl I have!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...