Sunday 19 June 2011

Happy Father's Day

Happy Father's Day to those in England and the US.  For those Dad's in NZ we'll get to you in September.  We have had a quiet day here, and I'm pretty sure Andrew had a good first Father's Day.  I mean he got beer, a golf club and is having his favourite food for dinner!  Let me tell you how it went.


I woke up around half seven and took Chicken downstairs to let Andrew have a sleep in.  We set up a treasure hunt for Andrew so he would have to work for his presents, (sneaky huh?)  He woke up around nine and we gave him his cards and a few small gifts, some snacks from NZ, and the first clue.  I think he really enjoyed the treasure hunt, and was pretty stoked to get some beers from NZ.  We really miss special NZ treats so this was a good opportunity to spoil him.  The other gift I found Andrew was a driver, a golf club that is.  



Andrew was a pretty serious golfer when we lived in NZ, he had a handicap of 5 or 6, which meant he played a lot!  I've been trying to convince him for a while to take it up again but as he has rightly pointed out, Golf don't come cheap!  Anyway, I was at a second hand shop last week and I found a driver in reasonable condition for £5.  I thought this was a good start, if he didn't like it, it was only £5, and if he did like it, well bargain!  We went to our local driving range to have a whack (not the technical term I'm sure).  It was loads of fun, and I even got in on the act (badly, v.badly I might add)




After that we came home and spent a lazy afternoon, relaxing on the couch and just chilling.  And now tonight,  after a yummy rack of lamb dinner we are sitting down to watch The Kings Speech.  Which means I better go, hope your day has been as enjoyable as ours!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...