Wednesday 9 March 2011

Shrove Tuesday on Ash Wednesday

Todays photos have nothing to do with pancakes, Chicken has just been particularly cute the last couple of days!


I've just finished the most amazing plate of blueberry buttermilk pancakes.  I was supposed to make them yesterday for Shrove Tuesday, or as it is known in the UK, Pancake Day.  I was in the supermarket yesterday around 5pm and they had completely sold out of flour - that is commitment to the pancake!  Anyway, I didn't get to make them because Chicken threw a hissy fit last night and we went to bed early. 

A week ago I wrote about our attempts to a night time routine, and well, it hasn't been going well, in fact the score was Chicken 6, Parents 0.  She'd have a bath, a feed and fall asleep but the second we put her down, she was wide awake.  We decided that we'd persevere with putting her down (she's a very stubborn Chicken, much like her parents) until it was time for dinner.  Tonight however (fingers crossed and touch wood!) it worked!  She's been asleep for nearly two hours now!!

This has meant that I could make the pancakes, and write my blog, happy days!  I do know however, that this might be a one off special, but it shows us that she can fall asleep and stay that way for a long period of time.  My little Chicken is growing up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...