Sunday 27 March 2011

Spring Fling

Its been a glorious week here in the UK (well in Berkshire anyway), and Chicken and I have been out and about making the most of the warmer temperatures.  On Wednesday we had my ante-natal group catchup in Marlow.  Usually I drive but Andrew needed the car so I decided to take the train to Marlow and walk the 5kms to Karen's house.  It was such a great day and because there was a hill in my way some good exercise!  After our lunch I was all set to walk back but kindly I was given a lift, I might have been incapable of walking for the rest of the week otherwise!

On Thursday I had to spend the day in the house as I was waiting for a delivery, it was due between 1 and 4pm, and by half five I was getting a little sick of waiting! While the day was sunny, there was enough wind to keep our backyard quite cool, definitely too cold for a baby!

Friday was another cracker and Chicken and I went to catch up with my friend Alice and her son Robbie.  Robbie was born ten days before Chicken.  Alice is also a teacher and we worked together for four years and it was really great having a friend to go through pregnancy with.  Alice and I went to Chiswick House to have lunch and a walk around the grounds.  It was sooooo hot and the crowds were out in force.  After lunch we sat down and the babies got to have their first kick about on the grass (on blankets of course) It was a perfect spring day!

However, the perfect day finished when I went to pick Andrew up from work and we got stuck in a traffic jam for over an hour.  By this stage Chicken was sick of being in the car so we took a long cut home, it did take longer but since the car was moving she slept the whole way, babies don't like the start stop of traffic jams.

Saturday was not as hot but still nice and today was also near perfect.  Daylight savings has started and in addition to the extra hour of sun we had our first BBQ of the season, and Andrew cooked a perfect steak!  While the UK doesn't do great summers, springs are usually pretty great!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...