Saturday 20 August 2011

A week in my life - Friday

Today was a fairly normal morning, up at 7, downstairs to have breakfast, toast for Chicken, banana mango smoothie (yummy!) for me, no coffee though, not sure why not either.   Actually thats not true,  I do know why, the repair man was coming to fix our Sky TV so Andrew did Chicken's breakfast while I showered, didn't want to get caught in my dressing gown!   Anyway after saying goodbye to Andrew and tidying Chicken up, we came downstairs again to play with the new stacking cups.  Apparently they are good fun!
Shortly after this it was time for Chicken's first nap, 9:30ish so I took her upstairs for a feed and a snooze.  I came down and tidied up, not that it seems to have made much of a difference, 24 hours later it needs doing again, oh well.  

The Sky man came just after 10am and fixed the problem - yay! Chicken woke up and we played some more until the door bell rang and it was the Postie dropping off three parcels, what a score!  One was these fab shades because I'm doing the European version of Dear Lizzy's Shades of Summer so we spend five minutes in the garden trying to  take a self portrait, not too bad on the whole I'd say.


 Then I spent ten minutes trying to get Chicken to pose with them on, she wasn't having any of it!


 The second parcel came from my mum and was this super cute outfit, thanks Nana!  The third parcel came from the book club I've joined, which reminds me I've got to get my act into gear and post my book!

After that we Skyped my little bro and his gf in Vermont while they ate breakfast, I'll just say one thing, Skype with a baby is quite tricky on an iPhone!  By the time we got off it was 12 and Chicken was already ready for her next nap so we cuddled on the couch and I may or may not have watched Murder She Wrote. 

Eilidh woke up around half one and by this stage I was soooo hungry I wolfed down a ham, cheese and gherkin toasted sandwich while her fish pie cooled down.  She likes fish pie, especially rubbing it into her face!

 Chicken was supposed to also have mango for lunch but as I dropped the whole bowl on the carpet, not the splash mat, it didn't happen.  During lunch my friend Jo rang to say she'd be at ours in twenty minutes to go for a walk so we ran around like headless chickens getting ready.  Chicken was covered in so much fish pie I had to changer her into her new outfit, which is just sooo cute!

After getting organised, changing two nappies (one very poopy one, sorry TMI I know) we were ready to meet Jo and George.  We went for a walk with Jo's dog to a park I'd never been to before but heard good things about, turns out its a cool park and we'll be going back soon! 

We got home and Chicken spend fifteen mins or so in her door bouncer while I sorted out our dinner plans, and it turned out we needed a couple of things from the shop, so it was back in the pushchair and off to the supermarket.
We met Andrew at the supermarket and whizzed around before coming home.  Andrew fed Chicken her dinner while I made a strawberry mousse and these Pesto Turkey meatballs.  He then took her up for a bath and by 7:30 she was sound asleep.

We had dinner which was great, meatballs were awesome, shame I put too much chilli in the tomato sauce, a bit overpowering.  I had a glass of vino and toyed with blogging or scrapping but as Andrew pointed out, I'm not very sociable when I do those things and since it was Friday we watched Cougar Town and blobbed on the couch.  Which is why I'm writing about my Friday on Saturday morning, happy weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...