Thursday 18 August 2011

A week in my life - Thursday

Chicken woke me up at 6am, she'd spent the whole night in her cot and was getting restless so I brought her in for a cuddle and she slept till seven, woo hoo!  I fed her and we came downstairs for toast (vegemite for both of us) and I started making our coffee.  Andrew spent twenty minutes on the phone to Sky TV trying to sort out our problem, it didn't work and I'm staying in tomorrow to wait for the repair man.
About 8am I took Chicken upstairs to get clean and the both of us dressed while Andrew showered.  I finished our coffee for takeaway because today E and I had to go to into London so we had to drop Andrew at work.  Normally it takes him 45 minutes to get to work but since it is school holidays we sailed there!  We headed home and Chicken slept and I listened to Radio 2.  When we got home I sat in the car and waited for E to wake up which happened about ten minutes later, half an hour is about normal for her first nap.
We came in and I did half an hour of my exercise DVD until Chicken got grumpy and I fed her.  I showered and got dressed and organised to go and meet my friend Alice.  We were on the road around ten to eleven.

The drive into West London took us around forty minutes, and Chicken slept and I sang along loudly to 1980's ballads on the radio.  When I left home it was tipping it down and the car temperature said 12.5c, thankfully in London there was no sign of rain and was 18c.  Alice and I work together and her baby is ten days older than Eilidh.  While we've been on maternity leave we've been meeting up regularly and last month we got to go to her wedding!  So so much fun!  We went for a short walk around a park and then headed to the cafe for lunch.  Lunch was in two stages, first stage for babies and second stage for adults, it took a while.  I had the most yummy ham and cheese toasted sandwich, and of course a coffee (can you tell I'm obsessed about coffee!?)  Al's husband Tom joined us and we had a good catch up.

About 2pm it started to rain, really rain, which meant we had to wait a while to get back to the car, we finally made it, which I was quite pleased about because Chicken had become that annoying shouty baby in the cafe, not good times!  Chicken slept on the way back home and was still sound asleep when we pulled into the carpark at our local(ish) baby store.  I again decided to wait until she woke up but this time it took over an hour, so I spent time on the internet on my phone.

Finally around 4:15 we headed into the shop to buy a few new toys, some stacking cups and noise makers, we haven't broken out the noisy ones yet but so far so good.  I ran into a friend and we discussed portable highchairs and stacking cups, highbrow conversation huh?

We then headed to the supermarket and I zipped around with the noisiest shoutiest baby ever!  She loves sitting in the seat in the trolley, but today it wasn't working, not even cheese snack things could distract her, so it was a quick zip around.  We left the supermarket about 6pm after having to run to the car in the pouring rain, Chicken did not enjoy that and went to pick Andrew up.  Chicken squawked for five minutes or so and then slept all the way home.
We got home to find out that because it had rained almost all day our cul-de-sac had flooded and we couldn't get to our house without getting her feet wet.  Apparently this happens regularly but thankfully a man had come to clear the drains.
Andrew and Eilidh played with her new stacking cups and had dinner while I got our dinner sorted.  She made such a mess that we took the whole high chair upstairs and gave that a bath too.  After a feed and cuddle from Mum Chicken was off to the land of nod.


 


We at dinner around 7:45 and we're now watching How I met your Mother and The big bang theory with a glass of wine.  And that was our Thursday.

PS All the photos were taken using the instagram app.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...