Friday 8 April 2011

Friday Five - Long haul holiday destinations


This week I'm linking up with Kat at Living like the Kings for a Friday Five, and this week I've been thinking about holidays and some of my favourite holidays over the last six years.  I'm very lucky, I've been on a lot of holidays and so I had to separate them into short haul (European) and long haul (rest of the world) holidays.

1.  New Zealand!  This is a no-brainer really!  Although NZ is home, going there is a holiday for us at the moment.  I love visiting my family and friends and relaxing in the warmer weather.  

2.  New York!  For Christmas 2009 we we flew to NYC, leaving on Christmas day and returning on New Years Eve, so not much celebrating, but what a holiday!  Hightlights included walking in the snow in Central Park on Christmas day, ice skating, taking a boat to Ellis Island and visiting Brooklyn.

3.  Miami!  I've been to Miami twice now, once for a girly holiday with my friend Michelle in 2008 and again 2009 with Andrew on our honeymoon.  I love the climate, the atmosphere, the shopping, and the mojitos!  Some of the best things Andrew and I did included visiting Viscaya and going to a Florida Marlins baseball game - go Marlins!

4.  The Florida Keys!  Sticking with Florida, we also visited the Keys on our honeymoon, and, as it took quite a while to get there it counts a separate location.  Our first night we stayed in Key Largo and then had two nights in Key West.  It was such a relaxed atmosphere and a place I'd totally recommend!

5.  Egypt!  For Christmas 2007 Andrew and I and nine friends did a two week tour around Egypt.  We had the most amazing trip, seeing the pyramids in Cairo, the Valley of the King
s in Luxor, Abu Simbel, south of Aswan and my most favourite thing visiting the town of Siwa only 50km east of the Libyan border.

I could go on and on about how much fun I've had on these holidays, but that would be showing off!






3 comments:

  1. You know, I don't see CT on that list! JK :) Thanks for linking up! LOVE IT :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been to some amazing places. Beautiful pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great pictures! I would LOVE to travel to all of the places you've been! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...