Sunday 3 April 2011

Happy Mother's Day part three

And for the final post, we move to my first Mother's Day!  Chicken and I woke up early to Skype my parents to wish Mum a happy UK Mother's Day, and then I handed my girl off to Andrew so he could call his parents.   And what did I do with that spare hour, zzzzzzz, yep that's right I had a glorious sleep in!  After that Andrew baked pastries for my breakfast in bed (please excuse the messy bed hair)
Then Andrew bought me the presents he and 'Eilidh' got me, I've been very spoilt!  Andrew got me a Links of London bracelet like my friend Amy's that I wore as my 'something borrowed' at our wedding.  Eilidh got me some ornaments for the garden that I had been admiring last week at the local garden centre, a gnome, a hedgehog, and a sheep.
 I also got two amazing cards, I am one lucky lady!
After breakfast we went for a long walk to the local car boot sale, and it has to be said, while the walk was really nice, the sale was a waste of time, talk about tat! 

When we got home Andrew started to get my special dinner ready, steak and chips and profiteroles!
I have one amazing husband!  I know I've used the 'a' word a lot today, but its because I feel very spoilt and I'm very thankful.  I'm thankful for Andrew who remembered that I liked this beautiful bracelet and chose it all by himself, and that he was willing to make something as challenging as profiteroles, because I got it into my head that, that was what I wanted! 

I'm also thankful for my lovely little girl, who even though she hasn't gone to bed tonight (and is snoring in Andrew's arms on the couch) is the most beautiful little Chicken in the world!  And, check it out, she's learnt to grab and hold things, and is quite taken by this cuddly.

Happy Mother's Day to all the mums out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...