Sunday 10 April 2011

Here comes the sun (doo do doo)

The last five days here have been amazing!  Its been getting warmer and warmer with everyday, but sadly its not going to last so the weather people at BBC tell me.  To be fair we have made the most of it, getting out and about.
On Thursday we went to a sing-along session at the local library which Chicken didn't really like, too many other children and too much noise, we'll keep persevering because I am sure once she gets the hang of it, she'll have great fun.  We went home to ice cupcakes to take to my afternoon coffee group when Chicken promptly did a spit up over the both of us, not to bother because she got to wear this super cute (and cool) dress.

On Friday we went scrapbooking at A Maze of Memories and I completed my first layout of Chicken, the theme was spring or days out, so I used the photos from our first walk with her when she was five days old.  Not exactly spring I know but I'm still quite happy with it.


Friday afternoon we headed to Cookham Moor to go for a walk along the Thames with a friend from my ante-natal group and her son.  We got to Bourne End and found a pub called The Bounty, right on the rivers edge.  It even has its own mooring!  We found another one of the girls from our group there too (I know, that's all us yummy mummies do is hang out at pubs all day, hehe)  We had a drink in the beer garden, and the babies had a nice kick around, while a large group of teenagers hogged the tables playing drinking games, ahh the good old days.  Karen and I decided that even though we were much older we'd still show them a thing or two!  That was also the last time I changed a poopy nappy, yep that's right, its been 48 hours since my Chicken has done a poo!  Poor thing, I imagine it really hurts!  (Thanks for the nappy Karen, I'll start to bring my own stuff soon, I promise!)

Chicken also got her feet dirty for the first time, she was sitting on a mat but managed to dig her heels into the grass, Andrew says its more proof I'm her mother, we both like being bare feet!
 On Saturday a parcel arrived from Scott and Panda, Eilidh is a very lucky girl, they sent her some fab summer clothes (Scott and I have a shopping problem, we got it from our Nana, we also inherited her shoe problem too, but that's not the point)

Sorry about the blurry photos, she was having too much fun to sit still!  We decided to go to Windsor (not to see the Queen) for lunch and a walk, so did every man and his dog it seemed because there wasn't an outside table to be found anywhere for love nor money.  In retrospect it probably was a good thing, it was very hot and we could have had a fried Chicken!  When she woke up from her nap Eilidh was rather preoccupied with Andrew's drink, he was very proud!
Today we walked to the Farmers market, and did jobs around the house.  Now Chicken is three months old, she is beginning to entertain herself for longer periods of time.  Her latest trick is 'talking' which she's done all day

Hopefully your weekend was as nice as ours!

1 comment:

  1. OMG SO CUTE!

    By the way, in reply to your comment - those headbands actually stay on! We have lots and they don't but the ones from Joyce always do. I don't know why to be honest - maybe the extra thick band helps?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...