Thursday 21 April 2011

Three Word Thursday

Well three key words anyway.  In the immortal words of P-Diddy 

"I'm coming home!"

Yep, that's right in three more sleeps Chicken and I are getting on a plane at LHR and heading to New Zealand for three weeks!  I am the luckiest girl on the planet!  I am also super excited, can you tell by my overuse of the exclamation marks!!!

Not only am I supper super excited I also have to pack, which is of course not exciting.  Normally when we go home I pack the night before (usually while drinking a glass of wine) and I just throw stuff in my rucksack and hope for the best. 

Not so this time, I'm really going to have to think about what to pack.  Chicken and I are both allocated a bag each but I don't honestly think I could carry two bags, and push the pushchair at the same time.  This means one bag between the both of us, and well, we are both clothes horses, hehe.

The clothes I think I can handle, its getting colder in NZ, so I'm going to take the clothes Chicken has been wearing here for the past month or so - long sleeved t-shirts, trousers and a few jumpers.  I'll also need a couple of her sleeping bags and body suits for bed.  I'm also going to take home all the clothes Chicken has grown out of to store under my bed, along with all our unopened wedding gifts (man I really want to use all our cool stuff!)

Its the other bits and bobs that I'm sure I'm going to forget!  I was thinking about this and chatting to my friend Ange (who took her daughter to NZ for a holiday when she was a baby) and she said, don't stress, they have it all there, and I'm sure you'll be in the supermarket within twenty four hours.  So this is what I'm going to do, focus on packing a useful carry-on bag for the plane, nappies, wipes, spare clothes, liquid paracetamol etc   and then I'll worry about the rest when I get there!

Until then I'm going to enjoy a couple of days as a family, Andrew is off work for Easter so we're going to chillax in the cracking sunshine!  Hope your Easter is great too!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...