Wednesday 6 April 2011

Seasonal Changes

I have a winter baby, I am used to wrapping her up warm.  
We wear fleece body suits, hats and use the sleeping bag in the pushchair all the time!
There is always a blanket handy.
I am an expert at putting a very reluctant child into a cardigan, and woolly booties!
 We wear a lot of clothes to bed!
But now, well now spring has sprung and today we had a high of 22c! (71f)  that's practically sweltering in England!  I'm not sure what to do with my Chicken, I certainly don't want to roast her, but I'm finding it challenging finding the right balance!  I've found a few things that help us so far.
This pink hoodie vest was a gift from my Auntie Robyn G, thanks!  Its fleece and keeps Chicken warm but not sweltering, the hood also doubles as a hat if it gets breezy.  The sheepskin she's sitting on was a present from my Mum, thanks G!  Sheepskins keep you warm in winter and cool in summer, and they're just comfy!
I've also taking to stripping her off, I mean there is ample padding on those thighs!  Today for example, she was wearing a long sleeve bodysuit and jeans.  I took off the top layer of the sleeping bag in the pushchair and we headed out.  I was wearing 3/4's, a t-shirt and flip-flops/jandals, so it was a warm day!  We get to the children's centre where I was asked to demonstrate breastfeeding for a group of expectant mothers and answer any questions, and she was quite warm so I took off her jeans.  As we got to leave I realise its still too hot for jeans but too cool to be pushed by a power walking mum (well not so fast any more, I'm having to 'wear in' my winter feet again) I dug about in the baby bag and found a muslin cloth.  Perfect - big enough to wrap around her legs but thin enough to keep her cool, and when the sun is in her eyes it drapes nicely over the front of the canopy! 

I'm really looking forward to summer (who isn't!) and have found some funky outfits for her, dresses with cute frilly knickers that cover up the nappy and a denim play-suit, I only hope that the sun comes out for a decent period of time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...