Thursday 14 April 2011

Raisin Oatmeal Cookies

Today I baked raisin oatmeal cookies to take to my coffee group.  Last week I made hot chocolate cupcakes and to be honest, they didn't go down that well.  They tasted great but I think icing and wrappers are just a bit tricky while looking after a baby.  These cookies are my all time favourites and I could eat them all the time!  I even made a batch the day before I went to hospital to have Chicken and took some with me, and I can tell you at 3am they were the best thing ever!

Raisin Oatmeal Cookies
makes about 20 cookies
135g butter at room temperature
80g caster sugar
80g soft brown sugar
1 large egg
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
190g self raising flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp cinnamon
55g rolled oats
110g raisins

1. Pre-heat the oven to 170c (325f)
2.  Cream the butter and sugars until light and fluffy, add in the egg and vanilla and continue to beat till well combined.
3.  Add the dry ingredients and beat until well mixed.
4.  Stir in the raisins with a wooden spoon until evenly dispersed (sometimes I just use the beater)
5.  Using a dessert spoon scoop even sized amounts on to a tray (I have to bake this in batches) and bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until they are going golden brown.
6.  Leave on tray for a few minutes to cool and then transfer to a cooling rack to finish.

Top tip:  You don't want them over cooked, chewy cookies are the best!


Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...